Thursday, February 27, 2014

A few of my thoughts on Judges 1-6

As I read my Bible yesterday morning, my bible plan landed me in Judges. (Judges 1-6 to be exact.) I have never really read it before, and I was interested in reading it. About the time I entered the 4th chapter, I noticed this pattern: “And the people of Israel did what was evil in the sight of the Lord…But when the people of Israel cried out to the Lord, the Lord raised up a deliverer for the people of Israel, who saved them.”
The Lord “raised up a deliver”. I find such comfort in these words..Why? Because He didn’t let his people lie in hopelessness and sin. He rescued them from destruction when they cried out to Him. Why? Why did he rescue them when they had been so disobedient? Why did He bother with his people? First off, let’s ask this.. Why did he bother with you? Why did He rescue a sinner like you? Like me? The answer… because He chose you. He wants to be glorified and by saving Israel and you, He is. How is he glorified in us? By showing His POWER to you, through you, in you. Why does he choose to do it through you? Through me..? Because He loves what he has created. The very reason he created us was so that His power and His Majesty would be seen by others. And that we would PRAISE Him for it. It is said in Exodus (20:5)  ”I the Lord your God am a jealous God” He deserves our praise. Because he gave us promises… One of which was our deliverer, Christ Jesus… All we have to do is cry to Him for help and He sends us His deliverance!
I encourage you to read Judges 1-6, making a point to see how sinful His people were, and also to focus on the redemption He gives to Israel. Read it in light of the New Testament. Seeing how it can foreshadow our redemption. :) May God bless your day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment