Monday, March 10, 2014

Creating a Hope Chest - Post 1 - Introduction

The last couple of years, I have been haunted by this burden of trying to save thousands of dollars for my future husband. This guilt of not having anything to "give" my future husband frustrated me... Anytime I have extra money, I always buy things I need. New clothes, shampoos, ect...(Yes, I did by a few things of pleasure..) I didn't know how I was supposed to do that AND save for my husband... and I felt uncomfortable about it. (Not that it's wrong to save money for your future husband, but it's not mandatory.) Then I read how my Hope Chest IS how I am to be providing for my future husband. Having a clean, organized home is more important to a man's happiness with YOU, than all the money in the world could be. This was a tremendous! load off my shoulders...
So, without further ado. I would like to start a series - I don't know how long - on tips and ideas for creating a Hope Chest. Hopefully giving you sources for free patterns and tutorials of my own. I look forward to sharing with you what I have found and done. :) A Wise Woman posted a small list of things to begin with and it gave me some ideas. Just follow the link and you will be on that post.
May the Lord bless your Hope Chest, for it is your future home.. ;)

Photo borrowed from A Wise Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment