Now that that is said, I thought it would be fun to create a hashtag on Pinterest and Twitter for modern modesty. But before I do, I thought I would post what is "ok" to hashtag.
- that you don't pin people who's shirts would be modest IF they had a lace kami under it. It's ok to pin outfits with a low blouse -like the one below- that do not have people in the picture, but please state that it needs a kami. The reason I state this is because I don't want immodest people hashtaged. The picture below with the women from the Modern Modesty blog is modest because she has a kami. If she didn't have one on, then that is where you go wrong and where you wouldn't hashtag.
- that shirts must come to the waist.
- that shirts must not be shouderless. Wide sleeveless shirts are great!
- that you don't hashtag kami's that stand alone
- please do not hashtag shirts that "boost" or "idolize" your chest area.
- that you only hashtag shorts that come to the knee.
- that you only hashtag jeans and capris that don't have holes ALL over them.
- that you only pin skirts below the knee and longer. No pencil skirts.
- Dresses should be below the knee and longer.
With that said, PLEASE have so much FUN pinning and hashtaging #modernmodesty!!!! The goal here is to help people know how to buy clothes to pair and make modest or the clothes in their closets. I know I am excited to start this and I hope that you will join in! Thank you!