Monday, June 9, 2014

Twitter Post 5 - (Because Twitter doesn't do more than 140 characters.)

As I sat in my chair yesterday, my mind tended to wander to where the Lord has led the people around me. It seemed for second -I am ashamed to say- that everyone around me had the life I wanted. I sinned in showing the Lord how HE hadn't made things happen for me yet. You (God) haven't given me those things yet. I am old enough to have what I want Lord, why haven't you brought me what I want? Then He reminded me how I have surrender my life to Him. And how it is HIS life to use and not my own. Christ gave HIS life; the least I can do is give up my selfish desires for HIM. This morning, as I sat pondering, this hymn weighed on my mind. "When peace like a river, attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll, WHAT ERE BE MY LOT, though has taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul." What ere be our lot today, whatever we are struggling with sinfully, let us remember where we are and how much Christ has done for us. Let us say to Him, that whatever he holds in His hand for our life will be well with our souls.



No comments:

Post a Comment